Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Restricted Access

From the Restricted Access page:
The cost of a full educational experience is rapidly increasing. Mounting financial burdens are preventing a growing number of hard-working, qualified students from completing or even starting their university education. Join the Restricted Access movement and protect the right to an education that all qualified students have earned.
And so I have donned a red scarf as a symbol of those students who, despite meeting the qualifications to attend or continue at the University, cannot attend due to financial constraints.

I have also begun authoring a new blog, also in relation to the campaign. Currently, there are a number of overlapping posts on the themes of access and costs, but I will be shifting all my posts on those and related issues solely to the Restricted Access blog, leaving this one more to teaching and learning.

Finally, I will now have more time and space on this blog to discuss and promote teaching specifically on our campus, which means I'll spend more time visiting the people and places who share my enthusiasm for excellence in teaching.

No comments: